Head Chef Vacancy
To co-ordinate all aspects of kitchen production so that food is prepared to the agreed standard and that time deadlines are met.
• To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control.
• To identify and recruit all grades of staff under your control within the agreed guidelines.
• To supervise and develop staff using the available company resources, to maximize their potential.
• To order catering consumables from current nominated suppliers in line with Company Purchasing policy.
• To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all documentation are completed and sighed are by the appropriate members of staff
• To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to home manager
• To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, in line with agreed budget.
• To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
• To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
• To maintain the agreed stock levels of food.
• To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
• To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
• To implement four weekly rota.
• To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co- operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
• To assist in the preparation of function menus and costing.
• To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever possible.
• To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
• To carry out staff supervision adhering to home policies.
• To complete all staff personal development review.