Head Housekeeper Vacancy
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Domestic Staff maintain the cleaning and hygienic maintenance of the Home. He/She will keep a high standard of appearance to contribute to the quality of care and lifestyle afforded to each client. This is particularly applicable to each client’s privacy and dignity and in respect of each client’s personal possessions.
The key role would be to maintain the cleanliness of the Home to a very high standard. By organising the Domestic Staff is such a way to achieve the high standard provided by the Home.
Ensure that all rooms that are vacated are thoroughly cleaned according to cleaning schedule.
• To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control.
• To identify and recruit all grades of staff under your control within the agreed guidelines.
• To supervise and develop staff using the available company resources, to maximize their potential.
• To order catering consumables from current nominated suppliers in line with Company Purchasing policy.
• To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all documentation are completed and sighed are by the appropriate members of staff
• To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to home manager
• To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, in line with agreed budget.
• To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
• To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
• To maintain the agreed stock levels of food.
• To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
• To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
• To implement four weekly rota.
• To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co- operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
• To assist in the preparation of function menus and costing.
• To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever possible.
• To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
• To carry out staff supervision adhering to home policies.
• To complete all staff personal development reviews
Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
Work individually and within the team to provide the necessary back up for all staff, to a standard commensurate with aims and objectives of the Home and in consideration of its residents.
Observe and maintain high levels of communication within the teams of staff, individual colleagues and residents.
Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times.
To carry out any additional duties as requested.
To undertake any additional training and development programmes the Home may consider appropriate to enhance your contribution to the work at this home.
To review on a regular basis the job description for your post and to agree any changes.
Policies and Procedures
Aura Care Living is a company which consistently and positively celebrates diversity. This Home, in its policy and training, describes what we can expect of each other in our conduct. In your job, we expect you to make the fair treatment of colleagues and of those whom we serve a priority.
Be accountable to the Manager for all areas of your duties and responsibilities. This accountability will be expressed through:
Regular one to one supervisions and team meetings with the Manager and other members of the team.
An annual appraisal meeting at which personal targets will be set and monitored.Task and responsibilities within your area of capability may vary occasionally depending upon the needs of the business. You may be asked to undertake a variation of your normal routine to meet these needs. Your enthusiasm and flexibility will be appreciated.