recruitment & careersAura Care Living
CURRENT JOB VACANCIES
To co-ordinate all aspects of kitchen production so that food is prepared to the agreed standard
and that time deadlines are met
- To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety,
staff, cleaning and waste control.
- To identify and recruit all grades of staff under your control within the agreed guidelines.
- To supervise and develop staff using the available company resources, to maximize their
- To order catering consumables from current nominated suppliers in line with Company
- To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all
documentation are completed and sighed are by the appropriate members of staff
- To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to home manager
- To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and
nutritional values, in line with agreed budget.
- To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
- To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
- To maintain the agreed stock levels of food.
- To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
- To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
- To implement four weekly rota.
- To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co-
operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
- To assist in the preparation of function menus and costing.
- To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever
- To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
- To carry out staff supervision adhering to home policies.
- To complete all staff personal development reviews.
- Will take responsibility for issues and resolve them.
Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults / Mental Capacity Act
To complete training on Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and the Mental Capacity Act and be able to understand and implement SVA and MHA policies and procedures taking responsibility for reporting any safeguarding concerns to the senior person on duty or on-call RD.
Health and Safety
As an employee of Aura Care Living, the post holder has a duty under the Health and
Safety at Work Act 1974, to:-
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who
may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with their employer to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the organisation, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests
of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
The post holder must at all times respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the company’s ISO27001 accreditation. This includes, if required to do so, obtain, process and/or use information held on a computer in a fair and lawful way, to hold data only for the specified registered purposes and to use or disclosing data only to authorised persons or organisations as instructed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is by not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.