recruitment & careersAura Care Living
CURRENT JOB VACANCIES
House Keeper – Stratton Court
The post holder will be responsible for ensure the high standard of cleaning and hygienic maintenance of the Home. He/She will keep a high standard of appearance to contribute to the quality of care and lifestyle afforded to each client. This is particularly applicable to each client’s privacy and dignity and in respect of each client’s personal possessions. The key role would be to maintain the cleanliness of the Home to a very high standard. Ensure that all rooms that are vacated are thoroughly cleaned according to cleaning schedule.
- To be directly responsible to the head housekeeper.
- The vacuuming of rooms and corridors and emptying all waste bins
- Cleaning the glass and mirrors
- Dusting the cobwebs
- Sweeping and mopping floor surfaces
- Cleaning the bathrooms and toilets, with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs and infestation
- Clean areas as assigned
- To clean all allocated rooms including furniture, fittings, fabric, carpets and equipment
- Ensure that rooms are odour free
- To be aware of the health and safety statement of the COSHH statement
- To report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures
- To report any cleaning materials that need replacing to the appropriate person
- Keep your cleaning area and space clean and tidy at all times and your cleaning materials safely stored
- Be familiar with the required care standards regulations governing your job
- Joy to add laundry tasks • To be an integral part of the housekeeping team.
- Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
- Work individually and within the team to provide the necessary back up for all staff, to a standard commensurate with aims and objectives of the Home and in consideration of its residents.
- Observe and maintain high levels of communication within the teams of staff, individual colleagues and residents.
- Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times.
- To carry out any additional duties as requested.
- To undertake any additional training and development programmes the Home may consider appropriate to enhance your contribution to the work at this home.
- To review on a regular basis the job description for your post and to agree any changes.