recruitment & careersAura Care Living
CURRENT JOB VACANCIES
As a Registered Nurse, you have the responsibility for leading a team of nursing staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of care, which promotes independence and dignity and positively enhances the lives of individuals in our care.
- To carry responsibility for the management of the unit during the day Develop the skills of the care team
- Promote and maintain a high standard of nursing care
- To ensure effective induction of all staff, together with clinical supervision of trained
staff, mentorship and assessment of student nurses and induction of new care staff.
- To work within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and CI/CQC Standards as well as following internal policies and procedures
- Planning, directing and delivery of high quality person centered care Undertake staff reviews and team meetings
To be considered for this role is it essential that you have
- Excellent clinical skills
- Managerial, leadership experience
- Nursing qualification and current NMC registration
- Strong Clinical experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working as a nurse in a nursing home
- You must be RGN qualified with previous experience working in elderly care and possess excellent leadership qualities.
- You must have outstanding communication skills, excellent clinical skills and be motivated to offer the highest standards of care. It is essential you are prepared to take on an active leadership role supporting the operation of a twenty-four hour business, including participation in the on-call rota.
- Ensure the delivery of quality care – continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Champion independence and personal choice – develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – risks are proactively managed and issues identified, investigated and resolved.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
- Conduct care audits – monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
- Take an active role in training for the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the training resources of the company to ensure that nursing staff are kept up to date with current practices and research led developments.
- Take a leadership role for your team – ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and Rota’s are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business. Rota’s are managed according to budget.
- Take an active role in the development of yourself and others – ensure that the team’s skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Ensure the delivery of quality care – continually assessing our residents needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
Policies and Procedures
To be up to date on, and follow, the relevant procedures contained in the Home’s Policies and Procedures file as they affect your job and its responsibilities.
Stratton Court Care Home is a company which consistently and positively celebrates
differences that we have as people. This Home, in its policy and training, describes
what we can expect of each other in our conduct. In your job, we expect you to make the fair treatment of colleagues and of those whom we serve a priority.
This job description outlines only the main areas of responsibility, which may change as the post develops. The post holder may also be required to undertake any other duties requested by the Home Manager
The job description will be evaluated and amended as necessary as part of the annual
Performance Development Review (PDR).