recruitment & careersAura Care Living
CURRENT JOB VACANCIES
- Over the age of 21
- Qualification NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Previous experience in caring for older people, including those with dementia
- Ability to deliver good quality care and achieve the highest standards
- Sensitive to the needs of older people
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time for self and others
- Clear and concise written skills
- Willing to work flexible hours on a rota basis including willingness to cover shifts
in an emergency situation
- Flexible approach to work
- Understand and share the values of the company
- Willingness to attend staff training and undertake professional development
- Ability to maintain all aspects of confidentiality
- Dementia related qualification
- Assessment skills
- Knowledge of Heath & Safety Regulations
- Supervisory experience
- Commitment to implement equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory policies
Roles and Responsibilities
- To manage the team of carers on the shifts – To give clear expectations on the day
to the team.
- To work alongside and assist the nurse (Duty Manager) in the day to day running
of the floors.
- To carry out supervisions with the care team.
- To carry out concerns meeting with carers alongside the nurse on duty where
- To be able to administer medication after having had an updated medication
training and satisfactory signed off competency.
- To be able to update the care plan accordingly where required.
- To guide and support and train the staff to deliver the good quality care to our residents.
- To ensure that the Rota is checked daily, and work alongside the nurse to make sure that the floor is adequately staff.
- To liaise with the families and build a good rapport with them as per organisational requirement.
- To work alongside the care team to ensure that all residents are well cared for.
- To carry out daily walk around and checks to ensure that tasks are completed as per requirement.
- To review care forms and sign off to make sure that these are completed as per requirements.
- To ensure that any concerns are reported to the nurses and documented.
- To be able to act appropriately as a care leader following organisational core values.
- To ensure that all own training and competencies and those of the team are completed and signed off.
- To work closely with the nurses to ensure that all the monthly KPI’s are completed. E.g. governance reports, supervisions, Training requirements, resident’s reviews, medication checks and audits, care plan updates and audits, infection control audits etc.…
- To make sure that all infection control measures in place are adhered to.
- To ensure that all new starters have completed their induction accordingly and signed off prior to being allocated on the floors.