recruitment & careersAura Care Living
CURRENT JOB VACANCIES
Aura Care Living are looking for an sous Chef to join our new team. We have a brand new luxury care village development in Cirencester which boasts luxury purpose built apartments for the over 55s and Care Home.
This new team member will have the chance to be a part of a new innovative brand that is truly customer focused and offers the highest level of luxury.
We’ll rely on you to create dishes that not only look and taste delicious, but that also reflect each individual’s likes, dislikes and dietary needs. The role of sous Chef is varied – you’ll help design menus, help manage all aspects of the kitchen when the head chef is off, You can also expect to play your own part in creating a warm and welcoming environment where everyone feels at home. We also host open weekends and special events.
To join us in this role, previous experience as a sous chef, and you should have a basic food hygiene certificate. If you have a catering qualification such as City & Guilds 706 1/2 (or equivalent), that would be ideal. You’ll also need to combine creative flair, nutritional understanding and leadership skills with a personable approach and a genuine interest in our residents. Our considerate and caring chefs are a big presence in our care homes and highly valued by residents, families and staff alike.
The job requires you to help assist with :
- Manage and deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring that resident choice, dignity, confidentiality and safety are maintained.
- Working closely and meeting regularly with the Care Manager and Care Services to ensure appropriate provisions.
- Develop and review the menu on a regular basis with acknowledgement to seasonal changes in supplies, sourcing through the Groups Procurement Processes.
- Ensure provision of cost-effective, chargeable services for residents, e.g. Parties, birthdays etc.
- Working with Management ensuring that an efficient catering service operates in all catering areas.
- You will have a passion for excellence and service
- Be responsible for kitchen hygiene and health and safety compliance following legal requirements and following a daily, weekly and deep clean schedule for the kitchen and service areas.
- To implement and check all aspects of kitchen control, including, temperature recording, food labelling, waste control and all recognised kitchen practices.
- To complete monthly stock takes and reports. Order produce and supplies weekly and rotate stock daily.
- To design and work to an agreed budget taking into account margins and GP.
- To complete and submit all requires kitchen paperwork
Please send your C.V with a covering letter
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50-£13.00 per hour