WHAT IS RESPITE CARE?
Everyone deserves some ‘me’ time. If you are caring for someone and need some time for yourself to recharge your batteries, or you’d like a little extra support yourself following a period of illness, taking a break from your usual routine is essential to help maintain your own general health and wellbeing.
We offer respite, or short stay care, to those who do not require long-term care. Depending on the individual’s needs, a short stay could range from a few days to a few weeks. Our respite residents often return time and again once they have experienced life at one of our homes.
Respite Care may be suitable for various reasons and can be beneficial whether it has been planned or due to unexpected circumstances.
RESPITE CARE IS AN OPTION TO CONSIDER WHEN:
- 24-hour full-time support is required and home care support is not available
- An illness or operation has left you feeling unwell and you need extra support to help you on your road to recovery
- A move to a care home is being considered. Respite care will provide you with an opportunity to experience what moving into a care home permanently may be like
- Someone is feeling lonely and isolated
- You have a pre-booked holiday and you are unable to take your loved one with you. Respite care would provide you with the peace of mind you need to enjoy your time away.
- As a carer, you just require a short break from your caring responsibilities.
THE AURA WAY
WHAT ARE THE KEY BENEFITS OF OUR DEMENTIA CARE?
At Aura Care Living our approach to respite care is just as meticulous as for our Residential, Dementia and Nursing residents. Our Care Home Manager will through conversation and discussion assess your needs, get to know your interests, like and dislikes and develop a holistic individualised plan of care that you are involved in. Our fundamental values are to promote and emphasise respect, independence, privacy and choice. Our person-centred approach to respite care allows us to ensure these values are achieved continuously without question.
Aside from our idyllic locations, respite residents are welcome to take advantage of the many benefits of living at our homes: access to luxury facilities, exceptional menus, good company, and a busy calendar of activities and entertainment.