We are pleased to share the news that Healthwatch Gloucestershire have recently performed a randomised inspection at Stratton Court Care Home and have shared feedback with our team.
Healthwatch Gloucestershire are the country’s health and social care champions, and are an independent statutory body, with the power to make sure that NHS leaders and other decision makers listen to feedback and use it to improve standards of care.
Using their legal powers to Enter and View health and social services in action, they collect evidence of what works well and needs to be improved to make people’s experiences better.
The inspection was part of their ongoing partnership with Gloucestershire Country Council and CQC to support quality monitoring of residential care homes in the county.
Key feedback includes:
- The staff were very friendly and this was also commented on by the relatives who were spoken to
- The residents appeared to be well cared for and were dressed appropriately
- During the visit we heard challenging behaviour on the third floor had reduced and residents are socialising more
- The atmosphere during the visit was calm and call bells were not ringing continually
- Staff appear to be welcoming of changes and improvements that being implemented
- Activities seem to be integral across all areas of the home with the expectation that all staff are involved and there is an activity programme for each floor with 3 activities available each day.
During the visit, the residents told Healthwatch Gloucestershire that they feel safe and there are always staff around “I’m very happy here.” One resident says that she “loves it – like a hotel” and that the “food is lovely” there is nothing she doesn’t like or that could be improved. Other residents told Healthwatch that “in the summer I like going out on trips” and “we get plenty of choice about food.” One relative said “the carers are absolutely brilliant” and another explained how their mum enjoys being at the home as she was lonely and enjoys being with people now, “the staff are really nice… She likes the company.”
We are thrilled to have such glowing feedback from Healthwatch Gloucestershire and are excited to read that the staff, residents and their families are excited about the positive changes at the home.